Friday, May 23, 2014

Horns in the Woods

I, for one, love the addition of the Addax herd to the end of the Kilimanjaro Safaris ride.  They are strikingly beautiful animals and the fact that there is only a handful left in the wild makes for a great conservation story.  But, for reasons I can't quite understand, they are very hard for me to photograph!


There is something about the lighting in that area that makes it difficult.  Sunlight beams through the thick forest and reflects brightly off the animal's white fur and it drives my lens crazy!!  The movement of the trucks in this area doesn't help either.  Also, the addax seem to know exactly where in the habitat to stand to best avoid the cameras.  I promise, I will do better...

by Dave McBride (@RadiHarambe)

No comments:

Post a Comment